Our acronym is WIE16 “Water is Energy 16”. Our project is both a solution and a means for vulnerable populations living in water catchment areas to access clean water. Our project is a way to offer our expertise to these vulnerable populations. After careful and rigorous studies conducted with precautions on the site of our local partner Hope Foundation Cameroon, we came to the following conclusion: – Our project has the capacity to offer an ecological solution of access to clean water while preserving the ecological environment. – Our project reduces the distance between populations and clean water points but also provides water for students and teachers who will attend schools in areas of water shortage. – Our project has the ability to offer and set up solar panels to help schools and households in enclave areas of this region of Cameroon. It is important to note that we work in cooperation with the association (NSB) in Germany Below is a visual representation of our project.
- Offering an ecological solution for access to clean water while respecting the environment
- Reduce the distance between populations and clean water points and supply the school
- Establishment of a renewable energy system firstly for the pumping system and secondly for the lighting of the grounds
- the implementation of information and education campaigns, in particular through flyers, promotional materials and press releases, to raise awareness and raise awareness of renewable energy and innovative technology
The evaluation of the project and the monitoring will be carried out on site by the Hope Foundation Cameroon and will be forwarded to TEFA e.V. The project objective can be summarised in four points:
- Organisation of community meetings to inform about the functioning of solar energy and water management,
- Implementation of a water management concept,
- Installation of solar systems,
- Training of community members in the use of solar-powered water pumps.